Pesticide and Integrated Crop Management Declaration
With reference to our obligations as a supplier of fresh produce we can confirm that:
• We are aware of the relevant legislation listed in respect to pesticide controls, permitted maximum residue levels and food safety. Upon your advice, we will abide by these and any amendments to the relevant legislation.
• We confirm we are aware of Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009 and Regulation (EC) No 850/2004 list of specifically withdrawn pesticides, and declare that comprehensive measures have been taken to ensure all pesticides have been applied, by ourselves and/or by the producers we work with, according to local label recommendations, or under specific conditions according to recommendations form alternative respected sources.
• We understand that copies will be made available of the relevant legislation* upon request.
• We declare that we the supplier our producers, if applicable will follow the GLOBAL GAP or UK equivalent standards
• We will ensure that all produce supplied will have grown according to the principles of Good Agricultural Practice, and we fully encourage the implementation of Integrated Crop Management Systems as part of the crop protection strategy
• We will ensure that all produce supplied will have been grown with due regard for the environment, and all care will be taken to avoid pollution
• We are confident in our technical knowledge, and/or that of our producers, on pesticide use and application and we will, where necessary, use the services of a suitably qualified professional advisor with qualification equivalent to the BASIS in the UK
• Pesticides will be applied by operators who are trained to the necessary standard.
• We will only permit the use of pesticides, which are approved for use on specific crops, in strict accordance with national label recommendations. In the absence of label recommendations for this crop
• We understand that these recommendations should ensure that UK Maximum Residue Levels are not exceeded and that pesticide use is in accordance with your prescribed list of pesticides.
• We will co-operate to provide information on pesticide use on all produce supplied to you
• We will ensure that detailed records of all pesticide applications are maintained for all crops to a standard consistent with that outlined in the Global GAP (or UK equivalent) guidelines**. These records will be made available for inspection by retail customers upon request, within 24 hours. Records will be held for a minimum of five years.
• We understand that sample produce on a risk assessed basis will be analyse for pesticide residues in an accredited laboratory, and that these results may be provided to customers upon their request
• If any residue level is found to exceed the relevant MRL, then the affected product will be withheld from sale